Saturday, February 5, 2011

mine.

Eileen Gray, an Irish furniture designer born in the late 19th century is hailed as a pioneer of the modernist movement. You may recognize her E-1027 glass and tubular steel table (creative designer but when it came to naming the table, she kind of mailed it in):


She's now regarded as one of the most important furniture designers of the 20th century, a front runner in the Bauhaus movement. Yadda yada yada.... here are some of her most noticeable pieces:

folding table Jean


day bed. love.


monte carlo sofa. 

non conformist chair. only so-so not conformist because it does still have a seat, right?

roquebruno chair. more conformy, yes?

Anyway, I found such scores at Value Village that I don't feel guilty about buying my (obviously not the real deal) side table. And obviously it will stand the test of time. I'll just leave it to my kids. No, I like it so much that I'll take it with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails