Thursday, May 27, 2010

Colour Inspiration: TEAL!

We're currently painting two custom side tables in a beautiful teal- reminiscent of a peacock's feathers. I'm falling for the colour. SICO paints picked teal as a top colour trend for 2010. In case you're not convinced, here's some teal inspiration for you. 




I love this upholstered headboard. The tufted buttons, mirrored side table, sconces and bedding make the room luxe. The bold, graphic window treatments keep the room from being too stuffy. (idealhomemagazine.co.uk)




This home owner isn't being shy. Way to go for it! Teal walls- bold choice and I love it. It doesn't hurt that the room has beautiful high ceilings. The darker ceiling helps to ground the room. If you don't have that 'problem', try painting your ceilings a shade or two lighter than the walls to create the illusion of a larger space. (styleathome.com)





Our clever client pulled the teal for her side tables from a treasured painting. In this room, the lamp shade colour is pulled from the art. It's a handy way to add a punch of colour to your room without letting the room feel frenetic. (Domino, November 2007 via furniture-stor.blogspot.com)




And for the love of all that's decorate-able, don't forget the exterior. My friend Michelle suggested I paint my door a bold colour when I was thinking of just going for white (I'm going for a lot of white lately). Good advice! As soon as my garden is in, I'm going to pick a colour from it for inspiration and have fun with it.


Ahh... I love paint. It's such a simple solution and you can't go wrong! Well, you can go wrong but then you can just paint over the wrong to make it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails